How to Adopt
How do I prepare?
We recommend that you research what breed of pet best suits your lifestyle. You then want to make sure you have food, bowls, bedding and litter ready for your new pet.
What do I bring with me?
Your pet must leave with a collar and leash for dogs and a carrier for cats. You will also need to provide your photo i.d.
What do I do if I have problems when I take my pet home?
Please contact the Lee County Humane Society if you have any questions or concerns about your pet’s health and behavior. We will work hard to put you in touch with a veterinarian or obedience trainer to smooth the transition.
How much is an initial veterinarian exam?
Several Lee County veterinary clinics offer a free first office visit for animals adopted from the Lee County Humane Society if you bring your new pet in to their clinic within 7 days of adoption.
• All Creatures Vet Clinic (334) 826-2577
• Auburn Vet Hospital (334) 821-7810
• East University Vet Hospital (334) 826-0360
• Moore’s Mill Animal Hospital (334) 821-7739
• North Gay Vet Clinic (334) 887-5020
• Parkway Animal Hospital (334) 821-7672
• Pet Vet (334) 826-5100
• South College Vet Clinic (334) 821-3547
• Village Vet Clinic (334) 821-7730
• Animal Health Clinic (334) 745-0060
• Countryside Vet Clinic (334) 749-2248
• Opelika Animal Hospital (334) 749-2025
• Tigertown Veterinary Hospital (334) 741-8884
• Thornton Animal Hospital (334) 745-2541
• Smiths Station Animal Hospital (334) 297-1050