Lost & Found Pets
What Should I Do If I Have Lost My Pet?
If you are looking for a lost pet, please visit the shelter during our normal hours:
Monday 8:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Tuesday, and Thursday-Sunday 8:30- 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday 8:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Please e-mail a picture of the lost animal, location last seen, and contact information to email@example.com.
- Your valid driver’s license or government issued photo identification.
- Proof of ownership: A picture of the pet you are claiming, a description of the animal on a past vet record, or a notarized, written description of the pet that declares that you are the owner.
- Fees associated with claiming your lost pet
If you are reporting an animal that is running-at-large please contact your local Animal Control.
• Lee County Animal Control (334) 737-7013
• Auburn Animal Control (334) 501-3090
• Opelika Animal Control (334) 705-5480
We only accept stray feral cats from within the city limits of Auburn and Opelika. To keep our staff safe, they must be brought into our facility in a squeeze trap. Auburn citizens can contact Auburn Animal Control to borrow a trap.
Citizens can also check with their local veterinarian to see if they have a TNR Program (Trap, Neuter, Release). Citizens can also check with Paws Humane located in Columbus, GA for discount spay/neuter surgeries, they may be reached at 706-565-0035
Lee County Animal Control
• Citizens should contact Lee County Animal Control for pick-up of strays found in Lee County (and outside the city limits of Auburn and Opelika).
• Lee County Animal Control can be reached Mon-Fri 7:30 AM – 3:30 PM at 334-737-7013.
• Alternatively, animals may be dropped off at the Department of Environmental Services located at 100 Orr Avenue, Opelika 36804 Mon-Fri 7:30 AM – 3:30 PM. They request a call ahead of time so that an animal control officer can be there to greet you. Following this policy will help owners find their lost pets.
• For Lee County residents wishing to surrender their pets, Lee County Animal Control accepts owner surrenders Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 10 AM – 12 PM.
• If you seek additional information about Lee County Animal Control policies, please contact them at 334-737-7013
• $40.00 Impound Fee per animal
• $15.00 a night per unaltered animal
• $10.00 a night per altered animal
*The claim fee is waived for pets who are microchipped, spayed or neutered and claimed within 24 hours.