Are you an animal lover and looking for a way to get involved? The Lee County Humane Society needs your help. We need daily volunteers between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Volunteers assist in a variety of ways. A few of these tasks include:
- Dog Walking and Play Time
- Cat Socialization and Play Time
- Helping with Dishes/Laundry
- Greeting Adopters
- Bathing Dogs
- Grounds Care
- Special Projects and Event
- Jog-a-Dog dog walkers
- Transport Drivers
To become an LCHS volunteer you must be at least 19 years old and prepared to make a minimum commitment of six hours per month.
To get started:
• Complete the online volunteer application form.
• We will review your application and send you an invitation to participate in an offsite orientation. These orientations will be followed with an onsite orientation in the following week, where a shelter tour will be given and volunteers will be shown their duties.
• We also ask that all volunteers wear their LCHS Volunteer t-shirts while volunteering. T-shirts are available for purchase during the volunteer shelter tour for $6 and long-sleeve for $8.
No volunteers allowed on premises or at off-site events that are 15 years old or younger. This includes with or without parent assistance/presence.
Volunteers 16-18 years of age can volunteer at the shelter, but no offsite events. The volunteer will not be allowed to walk any dogs. Parents are still required to sign all release forms with the volunteer.
Volunteers 19 years and older can volunteer at the shelter and any off-site event. Volunteers will not be allowed to walk any dogs until they have completed special training with the Kennel Manager and staff.
If you are unable to come to the shelter to volunteer, please consider one of our alternate volunteer options to contribute to LCHS.
Already a volunteer?
Log in to check and schedule your volunteer hours.