Are you an animal lover and looking for a way to get involved? The Lee County Humane Society needs your help. We need daily volunteers between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Volunteers assist in a variety of ways. A few of these tasks include:
- Dog Walking and Play Time
- Cat Socialization and Play Time
- Helping with Dishes/Laundry
- Greeting Adopters
- Bathing Dogs
- Grounds Care
- Special Projects and Event
- Jog-a-Dog dog walkers
- Transport Drivers
To become an LCHS volunteer you must be at least 19 years old and prepared to make a minimum commitment of two hours per week.
To get started:
• Complete the online volunteer application.
• We will review your application and send you an invitation to participate in one of two offsite orientations. These orientations will be followed with an onsite orientation in the following week, where a tour will be given and volunteers will be shown their duties.
• We also ask that all volunteers wear their LCHS Volunteer t-shirts while volunteering. T-shirts are available for purchase during the volunteer shelter tour for $6 and a long-sleeve for $8.
Children 14 years of age and younger must have a parent or guardian with them at all times while volunteering. Child and parent or guardian are both required to complete the volunteer orientation program. Volunteers ages 15-18 must have a parent or guardian’s permission before volunteering. Contact us for more info. Children under the age of 18 can still get involved in a number of ways:
• Submit potential pet names
• Hold a donation drive in your neighborhood and donate proceeds to LCHS
Already a volunteer?
Log in to check and schedule your volunteer hours.