The Lee County Spay and Neuter Your Pets (SNYP) program helps members of our community who otherwise cannot afford to have their pets spayed or neutered. This program is financed by the Lee County Commission, Auburn City Council, Opelika City Council and Smiths Station City Council to help prevent pet overpopulation.
How to Apply:
• Go to Animal Heath Center (1520 2nd Ave. in Opelika) or Opelika Animal Hospital (1615 2nd Ave. in Opelika) on Tuesdays or Wednesdays between 10 a.m. and 12 p.m. to fill out an application.
• You must be the owner of the pet, be at least 19 years old and provide proof in the following ways:
• Proof of Lee County Residency (examples: utility statement, bank statement, phone/cable bill)
• Driver’s License or Picture ID
• Medicaid Card (NOT Medicare) or proof of total household income of $25,000 or less per year (must provide copy of most recent W2 for everyone in the household, front page of income tax return, or SSI Disability Award letter)
• You must provide proof of rabies vaccination. If you cannot provide proof, you will be required to get it ($12 per pet).
SNYP covers the cost of the surgery. Your pet may need additional services recommended by individual veterinarians. These services are not covered by the SNYP program. Payment is due at the time of services.
For questions call Animal Health Center (334-745-0060) or Opelika Animal Hospital (334-749-2025).